WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Help! I need advice on starting up a website!

tcfr86tcfr86 subscriber Posts: 1
Hi guys, i was wondering if anybody could help. I have no experience of web design whatsoever. but i would like to start up a website that allows members to join by paying a small subscription fee. Also features that allow them to upload media files. And a live stream on the homepage. Could anybody give me any advice on where to begin!?

Comments

• Options
    vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40
    No experience with web design and want to start up a website. Do you want to do this yourself or are you going to hire a web designer?
    What you describe sounds like, sort of, maybe a myspace type of site???
    There are some premade PHP script/code available that will provide the functionality you want.  The design or making the script/website yourown requires some knowledge of CSS, using graphic program, and possibly PHP and HTML.
    ~Roland
  • Options
    DrDIYDrDIY subscriber Posts: 0
    One of the guiding principles of Internet strategy is that information is expected for free, but you can charge for a solution.Before you spend any money at all, you will, as greatmanagement points out, have to identify your niche, and then work out what angle (positioning), you want to take.If I were you, I would go to Alexa.com and drill down through the business categories until you find your direct competitors and check out their business models.That way you will know whether you have a viable Internet business proposition or not.