WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Toy Car Direct

toycardirecttoycardirect subscriber Posts: 4
edited June 2008 in Website Critique
I need reviews as I launch June 16th!
Please visit here....
www.toycardirect.com
Thank You!

Comments

• Options
    sddreamweaverssddreamweavers subscriber Posts: 5 Member
    Yeah a few things off the top...
    You should consider getting rid of this page:http://www.toycardirect.com/index.php/c ... m/popular/
    ...or consider combining it with natural text.
    Secondly if you turn off the images on the main page the alt tag for your logo says Magento Commerce with a link to your home page.  Also the title tag and the link at the bottom of the page say `Magento Commerce` get rid of those as well.
    On the bottom right of the page the image says `Stay up to date - Get our enewsletter`.  So how do I sign up for it?
  • Options
    toycardirecttoycardirect subscriber Posts: 4
    ok, Thanks! Will work on that.
  • Options
    piteracreativeservicespiteracreativeservices subscriber Posts: 1
    Visually speaking, I think your homepage leaves something to be desired. It`s very text heavy, and I really am not fond of the three columns of text under "The Toy Car Direct Guarantee." The empty white space to the right of all your text is wasted space and makes the index look a little lopsided. Just to improve the aesthetics of the homepage, I would consider a better and larger photo. I also noticed the "Click here to learn more" link isn`t clickable, and the text in "This Weeks Sale" should read "This Week`s Sale." 
    As for the rest of the site, I would just recommend slightly better and more uniform product photos. I`m sure your target customer knows what the products they want to buy would look like (since they are collectibles), but I think you could benefit nonetheless from clear, detailed photos - especially since you have that cool magnification slider in the shopping cart!Hope this helps!
  • Options
    VideographyVideography subscriber Posts: 401 Silver Level Member
    The newsletter signup is gray text on a slightly darker gray background.  There really should be a button or form near the "Sign up for the newsletter" text.In the drop-down menus, there`s two blank lines that expand to two more blank lines.
  • Options
    SiteFlipAcademySiteFlipAcademy subscriber Posts: 0
    Hey just visited your site and I would suggest to have your content a design. And also the spacing of your text must be fix to make it look better for the visitors.