Hello SuN! Well, I finally did it.

AdavenAdaven Posts: 2subscriber
edited April 2011 in New Member Welcome
Hello fellow entrepreneurs! I figured it's about time I break the ice and finally introduce myself. SuN has been an awesome resource for me over the last year or so. I have found great advice here for every aspect of my new start-up. Your advice here has been priceless! This forum and site is such an excellent resource and I am very thankful to all that participate and run this forum.
A little about me:
I have always had an entrepreneurial fire in me, starting in my teen years. I have been working with computers and technology since about 10 years old, so most of my ideas have been technology/computer oriented. I never really followed through with any of those ideas; instead I preferred the "safety" and comfort of working for someone else for that dependable paycheck.
Along the way I have thought about other adventures, from BBQ catering, owning a restaurant, running a billiard club/bar, professional treasure hunting, etc. Just dreams when I've had it with technology.
However, with almost 25 years of professional experience in the technology field, working for my latest employer for a decade, and just weeks away from turning the big 40, I have decided to explore the possibility of doing something on my own - something that I am truly an expert at and have a passion for!
I finally settled on a business that provides technical support via remote-control over the Internet. Some of the services I will provide will be virus removal, computer tune-ups, Carbonite backup, and other technical services.
With a wife and kids that I need to support, I can not afford to just jump ship. The model I have set up will allow me to work on my business while still doing my "day job".
If you are interested in what I've come up with, I invite you to check out my website at http://www.healyourcomputer.com . It is still in beta stage, I am in the process of tweaking the site and adding product descriptions, SEO, blog, etc.
I plan on a "soft" opening this weekend.
I offer to a limited number of SuN members FREE service (virus removal, computer tune up, etc.) in exchange for a testimonial that I can publish on my website. This does not include Carbonite or NetNanny licensing at the moment (although I would be happy to install their free trials).
Thanks for hearing me out, and I look forward to participating in this forum in the years to come!
Take care!