WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Hello SuN! Well, I finally did it.

AdavenAdaven subscriber Posts: 2
edited April 2011 in New Member Welcome
Hello fellow entrepreneurs! I figured it's about time I break the ice and finally introduce myself. SuN has been an awesome resource for me over the last year or so. I have found great advice here for every aspect of my new start-up. Your advice here has been priceless! This forum and site is such an excellent resource and I am very thankful to all that participate and run this forum.
A little about me:
I have always had an entrepreneurial fire in me, starting in my teen years. I have been working with computers and technology since about 10 years old, so most of my ideas have been technology/computer oriented. I never really followed through with any of those ideas; instead I preferred the "safety" and comfort of working for someone else for that dependable paycheck.
Along the way I have thought about other adventures, from BBQ catering, owning a restaurant, running a billiard club/bar, professional treasure hunting, etc. Just dreams when I've had it with technology.
However, with almost 25 years of professional experience in the technology field, working for my latest employer for a decade, and just weeks away from turning the big 40, I have decided to explore the possibility of doing something on my own - something that I am truly an expert at and have a passion for!
I finally settled on a business that provides technical support via remote-control over the Internet. Some of the services I will provide will be virus removal, computer tune-ups, Carbonite backup, and other technical services.
With a wife and kids that I need to support, I can not afford to just jump ship. The model I have set up will allow me to work on my business while still doing my "day job".
If you are interested in what I've come up with, I invite you to check out my website at http://www.healyourcomputer.com . It is still in beta stage, I am in the process of tweaking the site and adding product descriptions, SEO, blog, etc.
I plan on a "soft" opening this weekend.
I offer to a limited number of SuN members FREE service (virus removal, computer tune up, etc.) in exchange for a testimonial that I can publish on my website. This does not include Carbonite or NetNanny licensing at the moment (although I would be happy to install their free trials).
Thanks for hearing me out, and I look forward to participating in this forum in the years to come!
Take care!