WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Trying to market myself

britbrit subscriber Posts: 1
edited January 2009 in Marketing
I`m looking to get a website started for my new business does anyone have any suggestions?  I want something with flash that has a professional urban feel? I`m willing to pay pretty decent and need it done within the next month. Please let me know if anyone has any contacts! 

Comments

• Options
    jcwilde1jcwilde1 subscriber Posts: 2
    If you have the budget find a design company that you can trust and that has work they can show you. If you choose a freelancer make sure to judge them on their work and not their price. I would make sure to be specific with explaining your marketplace.
    Many of my clients say they want "flash" but their audience doesn`t want anything to do with Flash so it doesn`t make sense. Goodluck!
  • Options
    WebJunkyWebJunky subscriber Posts: 8 Member
    look into a few places until you find the skill and comfort level that you like...

SUN marketplace
    elance.com
    rentacoder.com
    craigslist.com (find someone local you can work with face to face if you wish)

all very good places to find qualified programmers
  • Options
    freelancercrowdfreelancercrowd subscriber Posts: 0
    I would not reccomend you a flash website.
    You`d often need to send a link to something specific in order to convince the client and very few of them would browse trough a website to find something they need.
    Sticking to html may look less glamourous, but is more useful.