WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

New Site Critique

TomnitetripTomnitetrip subscriber Posts: 3
edited September 2008 in Website Critique
Hello - I`ve just invented an innovative product and am in the process of marketing, distribution and sales.  Any suggestions about my ecommerce site www.nitetrip.com would be greatly appreciated.  Also, if you have any feedback on the product or price, I would love to hear from you.  Thanks for taking a look.

Comments

• WeblineWebline subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member
    Very cool idea, and attractive site. I would suggest maybe a little rewording on the main page, and if possible a couple of small images of the light actually in a setting where it will be used, so the viewer gets the overall idea a little sooner. Good information overall, and the price isn`t as high as I would have first thought.
    Overall, I think it`s a good job.
  • VideographyVideography subscriber Posts: 401 Silver Level Member
    I would leave out the pseudo-science in the Features page.  First, the math doesn`t work.  The wavelength of 8Hz is 3.175mm or 3174 nm, almost an order of magnitude larger than the 400 nm wavelength of the blue LED.  If in fact you are using a PCM Charge Pump to pulse the LED at 8Hz, then it would be a very annoying flicker.
    The main features stand well on their own without the techno blabber.
  • jmillerdesignjmillerdesign subscriber Posts: 0

Hi TomNiteTrip,

Nice site!  I`d almost recommend placing your concepts with the features page or adding it to your front page to get people "hooked" quicker. 

Good navigation although I have to strain for the top tabs.  It might be beneficial to make those tabs a bit brighter.

Other than that, it looks great!  Hope you sell millions!!

• stonesledgestonesledge subscriber Posts: 608 Silver Level Member
    There are a few of us working together tonight, and we all loved it!! And the web site, is clean, classy and to the point. The product is Hot, Hot, Hot!! You know, when folk`s have a house that is lacking in switch lights and only lamps.. this is great for that. Or going out early, thinking you will be back early enough, so you don`t put on the lights... you now..having this wold eliminate that darkness and stumbling. I just went back to see if I could afford one.. Yes I can 25 buckeroonies.. a deal.. Very Cool!! I bet you worked hard on this, great work!!

Erin
    Like the T-shirt.. cute!! I bet you have one on!!
    I think a video would be very appropriate!!

Erin
  • TomnitetripTomnitetrip subscriber Posts: 3
    Thank you very much for your constructive criticism.  I feel too close to the product - so to have this honest feedback is very valuable.  I will use your comments to make some tweaks to the site.  All the best.
  • VideographyVideography subscriber Posts: 401 Silver Level Member

One thing kind of weird is that it`s my understanding that of all the
    colors that don`t mess up our night vision, red is the best. So how
    come blue?

Actually, about ten years ago, the USAF has been switching their cockpit and panel lights to blue.