WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Ebay Services Category

CollegeCoachCollegeCoach subscriber Posts: 8
edited January 2007 in Marketing
I am looking for inexpensive avenues that I could advertise my company. Can anyone comment on using the "Services" category on Ebay?
From what I gather, the Services category is similiar to posting a classified ad and anybody who is interested must contact you and all transactions are seperate from Ebay.
Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• stonesledgestonesledge subscriber Posts: 608 Silver Level Member
    have you tried Craigslist? There are folks offering services on Ebay such as logo work, web design etc. Not sure how well they do. SUN has the Marketplace. IS your services something someone could prepay? How about an online store, ebay has pro-stores.
  • stonesledgestonesledge subscriber Posts: 608 Silver Level Member
    I looked at what you offer and in my opinion, i don`t feel ebay would be a good platform for what you offer. This is is it is for College Strategies . The education system is who you want to target, Libraries, wrap aides for special needs, Mom groups, counselors in the school system etc.... I don`t see how or why you may want to sell this service on ebay.
    Great Service though!
  • CollegeCoachCollegeCoach subscriber Posts: 8
    Thank you for the input. I think I am going to initially concentrate on as many local avenues I can handle before I try to tackle any online marketing outside of my web site and blog.
    Thanks again.