WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

How do you find out how bigwig a web site is?

3ukman3ukman subscriber Posts: 7
We all know that these days it is hard to say whether a website is a success or not. Simply it can say and claim anything on its home page. So is there a way , ( analytics , company data , registers etc ) that you can quickly obtain info for a website which info will will give you a picture of how successful that web site is .. ?

Comments

• csabacsaba subscriber Posts: 3
    www.alexa.com can give you stats on just any website.
  • NuevolutionNuevolution subscriber Posts: 30 Bronze Level Member
    my two cents...
    First of all its not really about the site... Again... it`s true what you said "They can claim anything on their web page because of course they control the content" But again, just because they get the hits, is the company making any profit? I would be more concerned about their Cash Flow, and Conversion rate. Meaning how many of those customer`s are actually buying.
    I know lots of small sites that do not have mass traffic, thus they are converting almost every other person that lands on their web site. So if 1200 people visit per week, 600 of those are customers. My jaw dropped....
  • ITDreamsITDreams subscriber Posts: 0
    There is a a really good site that estimates traffic if not registered and lays out demographics, characteristics of the site such as what people visiting that site are also most likely to visit etc. It is pretty accurate as we use it ourselves and we are directly measured by the service. Knowing how your competitors site is performing is key to knowing how well your site might be doing. Every piece of information you get on your competitor can be used to effectively compete against your competitor.

http://www.quantcast.com/

www.it-dreamz.com