WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Ready to take flight

tekman9871tekman9871 subscriber Posts: 1
edited June 2008 in New Member Welcome
Hello everyone I just joined, I`m in The woodlands TX.

I`m wondering if there are any seasoned Real Estate Pros. here who could lend some guidance?

I`ve been selling Real Estate for the past 6 years and while I`ve done pretty well for myself, I just realized that I`ve been selling myself short. I`ll explain.

The company I worked for controlled all the listings and distrubuted all the buyer leads to agents like myself "buyer agents" To make a long story short I recently left the company after realizing that being a buyers agent would not bring me long term success in this business.

I am now working on starting my own Real Estate company which will focus on acquiring listings to reposition myself as a listing expert.

I`ve read a few books and spoken to a few listing agents but I`m open to more advice.
I`m not trying to reinvent the wheel, I want to make it better, I dont want to be just another real estate company, I`m looking for some fresh ideas. I want to establish my company on a set of principles which will make my company not only unique but also  relative to my clients lifestyles and attractive to my market. I`m looking to create an irrisistable value proposition in-order to gain market share.

I know a lot of you have bought and sold many homes, what were some of the things you loved and/or hated about your Realtor?
What is your nut one complaint about your listing agent?

tekman98716/6/2008 3:37 AM