WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Opinions on Garage Organization Business

2»

Comments

• Phil13Phil13 subscriber Posts: 0
    That was some great info. Thanks. I will be doing the installs and consults as well. I build custom home theaters now and the clients that I have are extremely wealthy. The guys that will be working with me also deal with these types of  clients already. I want my clients to have a go to guy and I felt if I was doing everything I would not be able to build the rapport that I want to have. I am going to pay commission.
    If you don`t mind me asking what floor epoxy do you use and have you used the floor tiles. I found the paint through grainger and home depot ect.. but I am not sure what would look the best and last the longest. Also am trying to put a price on labor for that.
    I have a friend that makes custom cabinets. I am going to talk to him about making me cabinets. If he is willing to do it I will mention you and see what he thinks. If your interested. Thanks again for the info.
  • Phil13Phil13 subscriber Posts: 0
    there is a franchise that has this software. I can`t remember the name of it, but I will look. They want a ton of money to work with them
  • sTiZZiTsTiZZiT subscriber Posts: 1
    That was some great info. Thanks. I will be doing the installs and consults as well. I build custom home theaters now and the clients that I have are extremely wealthy. The guys that will be working with me also deal with these types of  clients already. I want my clients to have a go to guy and I felt if I was doing everything I would not be able to build the rapport that I want to have. I am going to pay commission.
    If you don`t mind me asking what floor epoxy do you use and have you used the floor tiles. I found the paint through grainger and home depot ect.. but I am not sure what would look the best and last the longest. Also am trying to put a price on labor for that.
    I have a friend that makes custom cabinets. I am going to talk to him about making me cabinets. If he is willing to do it I will mention you and see what he thinks. If your interested. Thanks again for the info.Ahh okay, that makes more sense now!  You`ve got a leg up having a nice list of leads (previous customers) already compiled!!!  For floor tiles you would probably want Racedeck.com but there are other options from glaidator (whirpool) and others.  For epoxy, you dont want the stuff from home depot unless you are looking for a low cost, low build solution.  The quality epoxy floors use expensive high-build (high-solids) epoxy which is several to 10x as thick as the standard 1-coat big-box retailer systems.  I have the cheap-o stuff from h-d in my garage and it works but isn`t great.  Compared to the cost of the other stuff, its a deal but thats all.  I cant wait to redo it with the pro stuff, just look at some of the visual differences and you`ll see what i mean.  There are lots of epoxy companies out there.  You`re probably going to want a 90%+ solids epoxy with at least a two coat system.  I will be using either a two or three coat system myself.  Check out www.garagecoatings.com and you`ll see what I will be trying out soon.  You`ll also notice that the quality stuff is very expensive which was surprising to me.  The extra cost is worth it if I can offer a 5yr warranty and not have to go back to re-coat for 10yrs.As for drawing garages, I think i`ve found something you`ll like for both of your businesses.  Check out google sketchup.  It is free and very intuitive once you learn it.  The coolest part is a lot of the work has already been done for you if you look at their library of models
  • MariaFrolovaMariaFrolova subscriber Posts: 0
    I can never understand guys posting such threads don't you worry about your idea being stolen?