WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Vendor/trade references

bigfishanimebigfishanime subscriber Posts: 1
edited May 2008 in Business Planning
I have gone to many wholesaler/distributor websites and they all ask for vendor/trade references. Pardon my ignorance, but can someone give me a detailed expalantion on what this is?
Thanks for any info

Comments

• Options
    ConsultnowConsultnow subscriber Posts: 1
    Mainly these references must not only be those that you have credit with but also those that you have shown a propensity of ordering product from and paying it back in a timely manner.  If you don`t have the references they usually will either extend you a small amount of credit (varies depending on the industry) or you will have to immediately pay for purchases after ordering.

If there are trade groups in your industry you may want to look at joining as they can generally get you credit from approved vendors with minimal references, and they can usually get you better product prices.

The blog www.developmentstyles.com gives this type of information so you may want to take a look.
  • Options
    bigfishanimebigfishanime subscriber Posts: 1
    Thanks, your responses helped clear that up for me.
  • Options
    infiniqueinfinique subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    It's always good to get some form of testimonials from your existing clients and vendors no matter what kind of business you're in. They could be from your previous employment.
  • Options
    spradlinholdingsspradlinholdings subscriber Posts: 0
    Heres an Example of a Vendor that reports to the Business Credit Bureaus and Happily provides Trade References for their clients.
    Strategic Network Solutions reports to D&B and Equifax; they do not report to Experian.
    www.stntsol.com Use Referral Code: SNSHI