WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

How do you make the time?

PeerSightPeerSight subscriber Posts: 7
edited August 2006 in Thought Leadership
One of the most debated topics in growing a small business (at least it seems to me) is the one that says "in order to grow you have to hire, delegate, let go, develop systems and processes, and a whole lot of other stuff."
The other side says "that`s nice but I don`t have the time, the resources, the bandwidth.....I`m too busy running my business and fighting fires".
So my question is do you have any practical solutions to this very real challenge? If you are a growing company what actions have you taken to bring the theory in line with reality?
StevePeerSight2006-8-23 17:22:26

Comments

• iouone2iouone2 subscriber Posts: 14
    Write guidelines for all your typical daily tasks. I know you don`t have time to write them, but if you want to get out from under the pressure, you must have a "manual" for others to work with. That way they (the hired person) does the job the way you would. Then, once they do it your way for a bit, they can provide insight to new ways and change the guidelines you have written.
  • DannyboyDannyboy subscriber Posts: 0
    Steve,
    A great business book that I have read and re-read over the years is the E-Myth, by M. Gerber.  The golden rule from this book is, "Run your business, don`t let your business run you."  If you can take the time to check it out I`m sure you gain invaluable insights on how to make this happen for you.

Good Luck,
    Dan