WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Who Holds You Accountable

PeerSightPeerSight subscriber Posts: 7
Rich has had a lot of fun with asking "What`s the one thing you will accomplish today?" and so it got me to thinking; Who holds you accountable to do the things you know you need to do? Especially the stuff you don`t like to do? Or the difficult things? Or isn`t it a problem for you?
I am looking forward to the range of responses...should be interesting
Steve

Comments

• Options
    EricEric subscriber Posts: 8
    My wife!..................that`s a serious answer actually. She is definitely the #1 motivator in my life. And heh heh.you got it....that means that I`m #2 .
  • Options
    iouone2iouone2 subscriber Posts: 14
    absolutely my wife. Also my customers... but mostly my wife.  Eric... we must be in the same boat.
  • Options
    EricEric subscriber Posts: 8
    Joel,
    I love that. "Stepping outside of "active Joel"......becoming "strategic Joel" so you can analyze what active Joel has been doing! That takes being your own boss to a whole new level!
    I`m guessing that Strategic Joel is the one that gets the big bucks while poor active Joel does all the heavy lifting. Heh heh. 
     Anybody here have the special photoshop skills here to actually show us what that would look like  Joel S. bossing around Joel A.?
  • Options
    kns93kns93 subscriber Posts: 0
    Fortunately (or unfortunately depending on how you want to look at it) I cannot relax, meaning no sleep, until things that need to get done GET done. 
  • Options
    SEEKER7SEEKER7 subscriber Posts: 0
     Sales are not my bag but my husband is wonderful at it. (unfortunately he also has a full time job)
    I do agree with the proactive statement. Prioritizing is also an issue with me like::
    Do I attempt some sort of sales today or, do I complete the last 3 months of the books that needs to be done. (since I cannot afford an accountant yet)
    Yes, Sales are important but so are the books. The floor in my shop also needs swept and mopped.
    When your a one man/woman show, keeping costs down, production going,  trying to keep groceries in the fridg, just exactly what is most important gets slightly cloudy. Especially since sleep is the one thing I will absolutely not compromise.
  • Options
    DrLADrLA subscriber Posts: 0
    My bills! 
    If I don`t do, if I don`t work, if I don`t reach out and touch somebody enough to make them have to have my services then I don`t get paid.  And my shoe budget just can`t handle that! Oh, and the kids have to eat....

Dr. LA
  • Options
    postcarderpostcarder subscriber Posts: 1
    When it comes to being held accountable, the need to make a monthly house payment works wonders.