WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Hello from JC at VendorCity

jccameronjccameron subscriber Posts: 3
edited June 2008 in New Member Welcome
Hello Everyone,
My name is JC Cameron and I am an entrepreneur.  Have started numerous computer consulting companies over the past 15 years.  Have built and sold a VC-funded software company (called WebEvent) and am about to launch a new startup called VendorCity which enables business owners and decision makers to find the best and most highly recommended vendors in their area.  Kinda like Angie`s List but for businesses instead of consumers & home-owners.
Hope that I have an opportunity to learn from everyone here and to share my experience with the community here at StartupNation.

Comments

• besthealthbesthealth subscriber Posts: 4
    Congratulations and welcome to SuN. It is a great place to share and learn - explore and have fun while you work on growing and building your business.
  • jccameronjccameron subscriber Posts: 3
    Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.
    Sheryl, we are actually going to be launching nationally and we will be serving both local providers and ones that support regions and even those that can service the entire country.  For example, many web site design companies can provide their services regardless of location.
    As for online business card design companies, I had a great experience with 4by6.com
  • Juliaann108Juliaann108 subscriber Posts: 3
    Hi JC,

Welcome to SuN.  I love your idea.   Good luck with your venture - let us know when it launches!

Julia
  • SiteFlipAcademySiteFlipAcademy subscriber Posts: 0
    Hello JC and welcome to SuN!
    You have come up with a great idea. I hope this site helps spark some ideas and gain you connections needed to start something and eventually have it come to fruition and success.
    Wishing you good luck on your business.