WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Please review my new site

shanefshanef subscriber Posts: 2
edited February 2007 in Website Critique
Hello.  I would appreciate any help I could get.  Please let me know what you think about my new Eco-friendly web start up - Franklin Solar.Thanks,Shane

Comments

• Options
    vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40
    I agree the header image is a little small... thus hard to read.
    The site may take a while to load becuase of all the java scripts used.

~Roland
  • Options
    MrTeaMrTea subscriber Posts: 1
    You have links to see a larger image but when you click on the image
    another window opens up with the same small image. You might want to
    check that out.

You have a good start you just need to refine it. Building a site is difficult
    especially if you don`t have experience doing it.

The site loaded just fine for me. I have a cable broadband connection
    running on a Powerbook G4 over a wireless router. I`m running Safari (of
    course) so you might want to make sure that pages look good for Safari
    (Mac) users as well.
  • Options
    Wow, this is tremendously  helpful.  Thanks guys.  Some of them like the same size pictures, I knew weren`t opening up to larger ones yet.  But, all the other things like the blue on black that Craig mentioned show up perfectly bright and contrasted on my monitor.  I appreciate all the help - I`ll have a fun filled weekend working on the changes.  You`re right, MrTea, it is difficult not being a designer per se, but, I had to cut costs in the beginning.  I fully intend on having it redesigned in 3-6 months.
  • Options
    Okay, well I guess it didn`t take all weekend after all.  I made some changes and I think they already made a big difference.  Thanks for all of your suggestions.  Steve, what do you think about the logo now?  Since I`m not a graphic artist, I don`t think it`s too bad.  Craig, I think these color changes should make it easier to see now.  One thing you mentioned on the backpack picture, it doesn`t appear messed up on my monitor.  I guess I`ll have to find some different size monitors to check it out.  On my 15" LCD monitor, it is in the right position so, I don`t really know where to move it too.  Roland, you`re probably right about the java script - I put it together in a WYSIWYG program.  So, hopefully soon I`ll be able to get it redesigned.  Have a great weekend everybody.