WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Website QA and Consulting

efoozleefoozle subscriber Posts: 2
edited February 2007 in Selecting a Business
I have been in the Quality Assurance and Security arena for a while and today an idea came to mind. There are tons of turnkey websites, custom built CMS, and other custom sites but no third party testing. Yes, the larger sites and people with big bank accounts have testing done but what about the sites that don`t cost $100K+. Who tests those beside the maker and users who happen to report problems? I find sites all day that work in one browser but not the other or are generating errors that a user shouldn`t see. What about a business that tests sites for a wide array of problems on behalf of the owner?

Comments

• Options
    efoozleefoozle subscriber Posts: 2
    After being on the Internet for so long I can deffinately vouche that developers nor buyers do enough site testing. I have come up with a small list of things that would be included in the QA and consulting package. It would be one flat fee that would provide all of the listed information below.Broken link searchServer error searchCompetitive keyword and meta data analysisLight security testingBrowser compatability testingTheme flow testingUsability analysisLight load testingSearch engine analysisIf anyone is interested I will take 2 beta testers. They will have to provide feedback on the service. They will also need to have a fairly established site ( preferably custom written with a database backend).