WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Call for Comments (http://www.bossmiles.net)

spoonspoon subscriber Posts: 1
edited December 2008 in Website Critique
I recently joined this community and would like to have your comments on our web site (http://www.bossmiles.net)
This web site features free web based POS software for startup merchants. The site has been around for more than a year and have more than 20000 users.
Your valued comments are very welcome.
Best Regards,
S.Poon

Comments

• patentandtrademarkpatentandtrademark subscriber Posts: 103
    you might consider a federal registration for your trademark.
  • VideographyVideography subscriber Posts: 401 Silver Level Member
    James, he asked for a website critique, not a pitch for your services.
    Spoon - (good nickname).  Your landing page is boring.  Virtually no graphics personality.  It looks more like a white paper.  Looking into your sit it becomes obvious that this a boxed software package, so put an image of the box on the landing page.  Screen shots would also add to the message.  Also, it is not clear that you have two versions of the software.  I am still not sure after re-reading your landing page.  Look at avg.com for an example of how you could handle the free vs paid version of your software.
    Also, your copywriting needs a bit of help to keep a coherent flow of the message.  You tend to weave a story instead of getting to the point, and in some places you are redundant.
    It takes a while to figure out what you are really selling, but you do at least try to showcase the benefits of the software.
    Also, since you have to register and log in to test anything, why don`t you create a fictional store and inventory to give visitors an opportunity to test drive the software without any registration.  You should also explain why registration is necessary, if it really is.  I am reluctant to test any SAAS if I have to leave my contact information just to be pestered with sales pitches later.
    Summary - your landing page is too wordy, meandering, and not at all clear what you are selling, or giving away.  Your email address reveals an association with BizSoln of Canada and Armstrong Business Solutions of Australia.  Is there something we should know about these associations?  Who are we really doing business with?
    Hope this helps.