WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Staffing/Employment Agency Startup

SkyglobalSkyglobal subscriber Posts: 1
edited May 2007 in Business Planning
My bosses came from Poland and began their own business here in Florida. They are now interested in starting an employment/staffing agency to help other immigrants find work. Can anyone help with tips on what we need to begin this, such as special laws or licenses regarding this, or any other advice you believe would be helpful?Thank you,KristenSky Global

Comments

• RumpelstiltskinRumpelstiltskin subscriber Posts: 1
    I have worked with many Polish immigrants within the Construction trades. The Polish are a very "enterprising" people (the turnover from "employee to employer" is above average). They will certainly be a welcome contributer to our economy at large (assuming you are refering to other Polish immigrant?). However, it would certainly be a strong recommendation to ensure "all possible legal channels have been traveled". I am sure you are aware that "immigration, in general, is a sensitive subject these days in the US.
    On a more personal note. I would love it if your Boss would consider opening a few Polish Restaurants. This would kill two birds with one stone:  1. Create a Service business dependant/accented on the Polish ethnicity. 2. Provide employment for the Polish people. Third Bird: "Great Polish Food!"  So what! I have a motive...yum!
    Although I did not provide any "particulars" here. Certainly keep asking the right questions. More specifically, to the Local Governing Angencies in your area. There are also many "private-sector" advocates that will be more than happy to further your cause. 
    It`s pretty simple: Play by the rules and everyone WINS!   Good Luck!
     Rumpelstiltskin2007-3-9 11:45:37
  • paul2145rpaul2145r subscriber Posts: 5
    I know of a staffing agency in Florida (Orlando) that is already helping immigrants. Because they are listed as Immigration Attorneys/Staffing Agents, they are able to not only hire people currently in the U.S. but bring in ppl from overseas. I believe they said that they`ve brought over 200-300 people into the U.S. so far; a fair portion of which are currently employed by their agency. If your employers like, they may contact these people directly to inquire about the legalities of the situation, as well as possible franchising/partnership possibilities. Their website is www.usgateway.redkhost.com, so take a look!