WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Need Advice On Website

AtHomeTakeHomeAtHomeTakeHome subscriber Posts: 2
Hi all.  I`m pretty new here at startupnation.  I found this site by accident but I sure am glad I did.

I recently launched my affiliate website: http://www.AtHomeTakeHome.biz . I have 150 home business ideas with links to resources.  I`m getting a little traffic now from some of my marketing efforts, and I`ve noticed that people are browsing the site, but no one is buying any of the affiliate products.

I don`t have any control over the products` landing pages, so I think I have to do a better job of selling the product before the visitor goes there.

Can some of you please take a look and offer your thoughts as to why they aren`t buying and suggestions on changes I should make?  I`d really appreciate it.

Comments

• AtHomeTakeHomeAtHomeTakeHome subscriber Posts: 2
    Thanks you two!
    Craig, I can change anything on the site itself.  It`s not a template. I`m not a fantastic programmer or graphic artist, but the work is all mine, and I use Dreamweaver.
    Angela, I am using several different tracking programs, and I think you`re on to something as to where to start.  I`ll start with the most popular pages, then move to the ones they are exiting from.
    I do agree that content is king, so I guess that is my next focus.  Content.
    It`s just so overwhelming since I made it souch a big site with so many products. I`ve thought about most of the issues you both have raised, so to hear them from others is not big surprise, and it helps me to stay focused on that end. 
    Thanks for the input!
  • DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141
    Skye, first of all, welcome to the forum!  Now to the business at hand. I think your site needs to cleaner. It looks very busy to me. Also, I agree with Angela about your site needing more content and building trust. Building trust is critical. In addition, your landing page needs a compelling, "What`s in it for me" headline. "150 Home Based Business Ideas" just doesn`t cut it. I read your headline, and the first thought that pops into my head is, so what? You need a headline that`s going to stop readers in their tracks.

Also, instead of trying to sell multiple products, try selling just one product, until you start making some money. Then ntroduce other products into the mix on the backend. You didn`t mention how much traffic you`re getting or where it`s coming from, but those two elements have a direct effect on your conversion ratio.

Dale King
    DKing1/11/2008 6:04 PM
  • DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141
    Dale`s got a good point on the consolidation, but that gets me thinking. How about if you were to become a sort of "consultant," and offer YOUR thoughts and advice on these businesses?
    You`d first of all put your own personality into things, and start building that trust and access that Nikole and others have said. That`s where you could build into the "what`s in it for me," by making recommendations or thoughtful commentary about each business.
    At the same time, you`d become something of a central theme, pulling all the businesses togeter into maybe "Skye`s Picks," or something to that effect?

That`s outstanding advice, Craig!

Dale King
  • AtHomeTakeHomeAtHomeTakeHome subscriber Posts: 2
    I put my site on hold for a while. I definately have a lot of work and I thank ALL of you for your great input. I think I was trying to do too much at once.  I wanted it to be a large resource immediately, but I guess just one person can`t make that so.  I`m going to take all your great advice into consideration.
    Sorry it took so long for me to reply to everything you`ve written.