WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

So I finally joined...

volleysnapvolleysnap subscriber Posts: 1
edited December 2007 in New Member Welcome
Hi everyone!  I am a high school photographer was recently chosen to be in the HomeBased 100, and have finally had the time to sit down and actually join startup nation .  I need to improve my website (a lot!!) so that is why i am here!!
If you want to check it out it is sbrewsterphotography.com. 
So far I`m learning a lot just looking around startup nation and am looking forward to what i`ll find here!!Signe

Comments

• stonesledgestonesledge subscriber Posts: 608 Silver Level Member
    Hi Signe,
    Great to have you here! Congrats on the Home based 100!!

Erin
  • GrillCharmerGrillCharmer subscriber Posts: 7
    Hello Signe and Welcome!
  • volleysnapvolleysnap subscriber Posts: 1
    Thanks so much for the advice and encouragement everyone!!
    CraigL, I will look into the button issue.  I would say my "niche" currently is wildlife photography, but I do a lot of photojournalism for my school newspaper and like that as well.nhgnikole, thanks for all the great tips, i will start on those right away!! the portfolio pages are currently under construction so they are a little incomplete right now... i`m sending in portfolios to some colleges in the coming months and want an online portfolio to go with them.  i`ve had an issue with microsoft office live though in that it won`t let me upload content from third party web design programs (like lightroom) so i`m figuring out how to make those pages look nice enough for an art department.... anyone have an idea??
  • RichRich administrator Posts: 582 Site Admin
    signe,

it`s great to see (read) you here in the StartupNation forums. it was very exciting to have you a part of the amazing other winners of the competition.

if you have special photos you`d like to promote, i`d be happy to include them occassionally in my blog here at StartupNation.

i am often doing media stuff (TV, magazines, newspapers) and would love to be able to refer them your way as i have other winners... please let me know if that`s welcomed.

best,

rich
  • volleysnapvolleysnap subscriber Posts: 1
    Rich-that would be amazing, and I do have some specific ones i would love to have you include!!  Just let me know what I need to do!
    CraigL-some good advice! thanks!
  • RichRich administrator Posts: 582 Site Admin
    send me a private message from your profile area (which, as craig suggested would benefit from a little "special sauce", though those aren`t his words) with your email address. i could dig it up from the competition, but that would be easiest. then i`ll pop you my email and voila, you can email me some stuff...

ONWARD!