WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

New website for Job seekers

shonsonshonson subscriber Posts: 1
edited April 2009 in Website Critique
f
shonson4/9/2009 6:28 PM

Comments

• RockyrerRockyrer subscriber Posts: 0
    Thanks for the site information.
    RockyEarn Money Online
  • terrycanterrycan subscriber Posts: 1
    Dear Shonson,
    Your website is clean and well done.
    I don`t think you have a strong product.
    After a 9/11 lay off I got some job seeker training that produced results.
    The company is http://janzenassociates.com
    With their training I booked 50 interviews in one month and had 5 job offers in the same week.
    Perhaps you could develop a service like this is your town. 
  • vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40
    Quite an interesting approach to job seeking. If I were unemployed, my first thought/question would be - will this really get me a job?

It might be more effective for "non-professional" jobs than for "white-collar" jobs?

My other thought is "I need a job" comes across as a desperate statement. Since the idea is to get potential employers to take interest - maybe something focused on how the person can help the employer? Like "hire me and save $xxx" or "12 years experience for hire" - something that is also related to that job seeker`s talents.

Of course the other challenge you face is convincing job seekers to pay you for this service.. as opposed to using the various free online employment resources.

Another idea: Your concept may work good for businesses to advertise their own business. So, you create the sign for "Jake the Plumber" the link goes to an online pdf or even web page that markets their plumbing services.

~Roland

vwebworld4/9/2009 8:38 AM
  • terrycanterrycan subscriber Posts: 1
     Dear Shonson
    Roland makes a good points.
    Your product might be better for employers to advertise a position.
    I don`t believe decision makers look for high employees on the side of cars.
    This product would work for entry level positions.
    This product would not be good if you are employed and looking for a better job.
  • MattThomasMattThomas subscriber Posts: 2
    As far as the design itself goes, I think it is very well done. I have no criticisms about the design and I think you have done a great job with putting together a clean and organized interface.
    One thing you should look into though is the use of your title tags. "Home | On The Way Resume" is not very descriptive and will not be convincing enough to get clicks out of users using a search engine.
    That said, I think you should heed the advice of the other members of the forum and give your product idea a second look.
    Good luck!MattThomas4/9/2009 5:32 PM
  • CrisjobcoachCrisjobcoach subscriber Posts: 0
    Re: Terry Cantwell suggestion that perhaps you could start a business like mine in your own town: Hi Terry, Cris Janzen from Janzen & Associates.  I am launching all my services via webinar in May. We will be able to help job seekers in any town! Stay tuned to www.janzenassociates.com
    Best regards,
    Cris Janzen

Dear Shonson,
    Your website is clean and well done.
    I don`t think you have a strong product.
    After a 9/11 lay off I got some job seeker training that produced results.
    The company is http://janzenassociates.com
    With their training I booked 50 interviews in one month and had 5 job offers in the same week.
    Perhaps you could develop a service like this is your town.  Massive success to you.
    Terry Cantwell
    http://www.protect-new-idea.com