WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Good or bad biz idea? Tell me the truth.

2»

Comments

• shayla2004shayla2004 subscriber Posts: 19
    In order to generate the PR, I would work with the company`s marketing team/person on writing press releases, identifying schools/students, reaching local TV/radio stations, and making the scholarship appealing to their target market. On the low end, I think $100 to $300 could work, but I would recommend maybe $500 on the low end. My pay would be structured based on how much a company needs me for consulting. I can help with the beginning, middle, end, or everything. So, I would charge by the hour or the visit. Thanks,ShaylaShayla--
    After understanding what you are aspiriring to do, I love your idea! 
    How would the PR factor be generated for a company that would contract your services?  Would you actually send out press releases or something to that effect that ABC company has a scholarship fund?  Also, for a small biz with a itsy bitsy teeny markting budget, would a scholarship offering affordable -- i..e., what would be the minimum?  Are $100 scholarships feasible?  Or are we talking about thousands of dollars?
    Also, I`m curious as to how you would structure your payment?  Flat fee, or based on the scholarship amount, or some other factor?
    By the way, send me your contact info-- I may know some organiztions that would be interested in such services.
    Good Luck!

• shayla2004shayla2004 subscriber Posts: 19
    Hello, everyone! I am looking for a company who wants to try out my Philanthropic PR Campaign with scholarships idea. You must be willing to allocate some finances aside for the Campaign, like any PR idea. However, I am willing to work for FREE, in order to use the results/research for future business.So, if you are interested leave me a message with information about your company including a website or you can email me at info@careervoices.com.Thanks,Shayla
    shayla20042007-9-3 10:34:40
  • donielledonielle subscriber Posts: 0
    Shayla,I think this is a fantastic idea! Local businesses (I am not sure where you are located geographically) could really use this type of service to connect with customers and highlight their commitment to their community.  I think one way to approach this is to target a few communities and really make this work on a small scale. Once you prove the concept, you can then write a few case studies about those successes and share them with businesses in other communities. I think that you could name the scholarships after the businesses (You are hereby awarded the "KGS Designs Scholarship for Service") and maybe even let them focus on a specific reason for the award--merit only, leadership, service, etc.  Another route to look at is connecting with community colleges in addition to 4 year universities.I am just getting my business started, but at some point could see myself using a service like this!Good luck!Donielle