WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Web site review

Shane930Shane930 subscriber Posts: 1
edited January 2008 in Website Critique
Hi everyone, my site has been up for a year and though my ranking in MSN is high, I am still getting minimal activity.
I would appreciate feedback from anyone on the site design and usability:
www.springsautoads.com
Thanks to all in advance.
Shane

Comments

• delzakiyadelzakiya subscriber Posts: 7
    The site is not bad, but this is a case where branding and marketing are key. When I put the name of your site in, you came up second, and when I put "colorado springs auto ads" you came up around sixth or seventh. I would check the code.
    you currently have two of each:
    <META content="Colorado Springs Used Cars - Auto Classifieds - Used Autos and Cars in Colorado Springs - Place your Auto Classified Ad at www.SpringsAutoAds.com - Where buyers and sellers meeting in Colorado Springs" name=description>
      <META  name=keywords content="Colorado Springscars,Colorado Springs autos,new cars Colorado Springs,Colorado Springs used car,Colorado Springsauto classifieds, sell car Colorado Springs">
      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
            <meta name="Description" content="New and used cars in Colorado Springs from Colorado Springs. Free dealer price quotes, new and used car reviews, classified ads and tools to list your vehicle for sale.">
            <meta name="Keywords" content="Colorado Springs, Colorado, CO, cars, car, springs wheels, Colorado springs dealers, car dealerships, autos, vehicles, trader, auto trader, car trader, classifieds, inventory, research, value, reviews, prices, pricing">

Clean it, combine them or something.
  • WeblineWebline subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member
    Here is exactly why you`re not getting activity, and it has nothing to do with MSN or anything else.Lets say I live in your area, do a search for used vehicles, and find your site in the SERP`s, so I go and check it out. I am looking for cars, trucks, vans, or whatever. All I see, where I should be seeing cars, trucks, vans, or whatever, are two columns relating how to place ads for vehicles for sale, some banner ads, and two search boxes. OK, I don`t want to place an ad, so forget 2/3 of the page. But theres still 1/3 of the page left. I want to look for a vehicle. Funny, I don`t see any, but I do see 2 search boxes. Why 2 searches? Is one not very good, so I might need a second one? No, one search just goes to a page with all of the cars, trucks, vans, or whatever that are listed here. So why didn`t they just tell me that to start with, instead of making me think there are 2 searches available? And where are the cars, trucks, vans, or whatever, anyway? This is a site for used cars, trucks, vans, or whatever, isn`t it? Am I missing something? Yes, because you aren`t displaying it.If I decide to go online and look for used vehicles in my area, guess what? The first thing I want to see is vehicles for sale; not how to place ads, not ad details, not dealer info .... vehicles! If I`m a private seller wanting to sell a vehicle, I want people to see it easily; why do you think I would put it in the front yard right out by the road with a "For Sale" sign? Because then it becomes highly visible to the public!If I`m a dealer and I want to sell vehicles, I put them in a lot with signs and colored flags and open the hoods, all to draw attention to them. Why? Because then they become highly visible to the public!Thats the problem .... there is nothing to see! There is nothing visual right away to attract me and interest me. There are no cars, trucks, vans, or whatever anywhere in sight. You are not going to get anyones attention talking about how to place an ad; you have to show the ad. I`m on your main page, and there is nothing to see. So, why stick around?
  • cubemonkeycubemonkey subscriber Posts: 11
    Well put Webline I have to agree 100%....I was extremely confused and for those reasons. Take his advice and get a focal point for the visitor.
  • cdbartworkcdbartwork subscriber Posts: 11
    I am going to learn a lot from you guys....
  • RicWillmotRicWillmot subscriber Posts: 14
    Damn, that`s good insights, Webline!
    I know nothing about technology or the internet - but you even gave me clarity around all this.
    Thank you.
  • Shane930Shane930 subscriber Posts: 1
    Thank you all for your input on the site. I appreciate it very much!

Shane
  • austinluthersaustinluthers subscriber Posts: 0
    As per the your website concern i like to say that you have to done lot of thing for your website but now you need to keep up to date your website so the new users visibility will increase. This is really very nice website that provide good services like forum posting and also provide good knowledge which is very useful for so many peoples.