WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

What to sell on e-bay?

ChrisFarleyChrisFarley subscriber Posts: 20
edited October 2007 in Selecting a Business
With the freedom of selling just about anything on e-bay what are the hot items to sell on e-bay that people are interested in and is there a way to do this with out watching the auctions all the time.

Comments

• Options
    LizardWisdomLizardWisdom subscriber Posts: 0
    There are a couple of places on eBay to check out what is currently hot. Check out eBay`s Seller Central What`s Hot and eBay Pulse.
    You can also check out our website Lizard Wisdom for other information about selling on eBay, including a free 58-page e-book.
    Good luck!
  • Options
    LizardWisdomLizardWisdom subscriber Posts: 0
    Just see what everyone else is doing and copy them.

This is one way to do it, but not the recommended approach. As we discuss in our e-book and on our website, you need to find a unique product to sell if you want to have any chance at being successful.
    By copying anybody, whether it is on eBay, or anywhere else in the business world, you will never become as successful as you can be.
    Of course, if you are only out to see what is the hot selling item, then CraigL is onto something.
  • Options
    utropicmediautropicmedia subscriber Posts: 0
    A way to make money on ebay by copying others is to buy in bulk (wholesale) and then list the products yourself.
    I will admit though, that it will take some effort on your part to find that product that will net you 30-50% profit. A list of suppliers would be helpful to get product ideas. 
    I found a great list, but it is too large for me to sit down and go through the tedious task of finding profitable products! If you have the time to check each supplier, then check ebay to see what the products that the supplier sells are going for then you need this list!
    Get it here: http://whole-sale-list.com</A>. It`s only $10, well worth it if you can find some products to sell.