WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Part time Biz Idea

SERGIOSERGIO subscriber Posts: 16
edited June 2008 in Marketing

I got an idea for an easy small biz . I live in a medium sized town and I want to start a small niche advertising firm in particular weekly ad booklets 10 pages 20 ads to have exclusivity to it , it would advertise sales promotions menus  and a small local classifieds to advertise yard sales furniture sales. So what do you guys think of the idea. Does anybody know how much the average cost of a 20 page + cover and back 8.5 x 5.5 booklets is? And how much do you think is a fair price to charge for a full page ad

So what do you guys think of this idea for a part time business??

Comments

• SERGIOSERGIO subscriber Posts: 16

Thank you
    wehavepromotionalideas & CraigL

I found 2 Printers one is local he charges $3,100 for 1,000 units (No wonder the town mostly gets Wal-Mart and fast food direct mail). But I found a good printing service online (Thank you internet hahaha) they charge $524.00 for 1000 units and $25.00 for delivery winner printplace.com. So the booklet has 10 pages that’s 20 ads front and back and I could also use the inside of the glossy cover for 2 extra ads. So far so good… got a printer got, a booklet design what I have left to do know is find a service that mails the booklets to people’s homes, get 22 clients and figure out what to charge?  Where should I look to find a mailing service? As for the prices I was thinking $100 or $150 per 1,000 color full page ads is fair Right?

And to
    differentiate my business I’m going to focus on 4 different niches food, services, special sales/promotions and local listings to keep things different.

And yeah your right CraigL finding clients might take a long time but the rest is easy.

So what do you guys think??  

Thanks again for your input
    wehavepromotionalideas & CraigL