WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

New Online Retail Boutique

ruehlesruehles subscriber Posts: 1
edited October 2007 in Business Planning
Hi! I am new to the board and have spent the last week reading lots and lots of articles and forum topics here on SUN. It has been a tremendous help.
I am in the business planning stage of  starting up an online retail boutique that initially will cater to new or soon to be dads. The name of the company is FlyDads, and I`ve reserved the FlyDads.com domain name, as well as FlyMoms and FlyTykes, for future growth. Products will be hip, trendy baby clothes and items that will make being a new dad fun.
For those of you who shop online, what features of an online boutique would keep you coming back, aside from the product line? In my experience as a buyer and ebay seller, customer service/shipping are very important to me, so superior customer service is going to be high on the priority list. I know I could also do a weekly giveaway to keep people coming back to the site frequently, as well as a newletter/blog from a dad`s perspective.
It`s a competitive market and I`m really trying to set myself apart from the others, as much as possible.
I know I have lots of other questions, but I`ll start here for now!
Thanks,
Sue