New Online Retail Boutique

ruehlesruehles Posts: 1subscriber
edited October 2007 in Business Planning
Hi! I am new to the board and have spent the last week reading lots and lots of articles and forum topics here on SUN. It has been a tremendous help.
I am in the business planning stage of  starting up an online retail boutique that initially will cater to new or soon to be dads. The name of the company is FlyDads, and I`ve reserved the FlyDads.com domain name, as well as FlyMoms and FlyTykes, for future growth. Products will be hip, trendy baby clothes and items that will make being a new dad fun.
For those of you who shop online, what features of an online boutique would keep you coming back, aside from the product line? In my experience as a buyer and ebay seller, customer service/shipping are very important to me, so superior customer service is going to be high on the priority list. I know I could also do a weekly giveaway to keep people coming back to the site frequently, as well as a newletter/blog from a dad`s perspective.
It`s a competitive market and I`m really trying to set myself apart from the others, as much as possible.
I know I have lots of other questions, but I`ll start here for now!
Thanks,
Sue