WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Hi all. Please help with ideas and improvements.

sellmyinventorycomsellmyinventorycom subscriber Posts: 3
edited January 2008 in Website Critique
Hi Everyone,
 I am compiling a list of ideas and improvements that i will be giving to our web designers to fine tune our website and would highly appreciate your expert advice. I will print out each suggestion and go over each with them. I hope to be able to jump in to the forums with both feet shortly and learn much more.(as soon as i wind down my construction business).
The url of our site is http://www.sellmyinventory.com
Thank you very much for your help,Paul

Comments

• WeblineWebline subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member
    I like the idea, the colors, and the design. The message gets across quickly. 2 things with the layout, though.1) The dropdown list has at least one long selector, which makes the box itself too wide for the column it is in. The background image then tries to repeat into the center column. ( This is in Firefox ). 2) The top fold ( the top half that is first visible in the browser ) doesn`t show any products. Not saying that its bad, but when showing off products, then products should be rather prominent right away. It might be beneficial to try to get a couple of product images up top if possible.SEO on your main page.1) You have no description.2) Image alt tags and link title tags should be included.3) You are importing a style sheet outside of your head tags.4) Your "Links" box is set up as an entire page within your page, with html/body/head tags, etc. I`m not sure of the purpose in this.
    Webline2008-1-2 16:9:27
  • sellmyinventorycomsellmyinventorycom subscriber Posts: 3
    Thank you Webline,
     I repaired the search dropdown already by shortening the title of the categories by deleting the words "for sale". Thank you as I didn`t even notice that as I never use the menu.
    I will print out this thread and give it to the designers with your information.
    I really appreciate your input.
    Thank you,Paul