WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

onlone payment systems??

mcattackmcattack subscriber Posts: 1
edited May 2007 in Business Planning
Hey everyone this is my first post!I was wondering does anyone here use online payment systems to do business?Could anyone give me some advice on some good companies?I will be selling large volumes at low prices and  I see that many of the payment processing companies take around 20c-50c off each transaction, as ill be selling my goods a such low prices that is a huge margin!I was wondering does anybody know of a company that just charges a set monthly fee??Thanks

Comments

• Options
    rbslynkrbslynk subscriber Posts: 0
    What your business will be charged for processing credit cards will consist of several factors, including:

Your average dollar per ticket
    Your overall sales volume per month
    The type of credit card - for example rewards cards will cost you more to process than a debit card
    How often you submit your batch (the batch consists of all the credit card authorizations made) daily you`ll get a better rate than if you wait several days to do so
    If you swipe a credit card through a terminal you`ll get a better rate than if you manually key in the card information
    Generally, as a new merchant, you`re going to get one of the best "discount" rates - the percentage fee taken out of each sale.
    I work for one of the largest credit card payment processors in the United States, so if you would like more information, please feel free to contact me.