WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Critque my website please...

ShutterBugTxShutterBugTx subscriber Posts: 2
edited April 2009 in Website Critique

Comments

• VideographyVideography subscriber Posts: 401 Silver Level Member
    The animated GIF screams AMATEUR - get rid of it now!
    The text is too small, and italics is difficult enough to read already.  Not all browsers display things the way yours may so use a standard font that all browsers can display.
    Personally I hate all-centered text.  It looks like a menu in a classy restaurant.  And the text doesn`t flow well.  Speaking of text, you misspelled "portrait" at least once.
  • ShutterBugTxShutterBugTx subscriber Posts: 2
    Ok apparently my website sucks.  Anyone know of someone who can build a better one for me?  A website where I can maintain and update myself when I chose to? 

Thanks everyone
  • vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40

Ok apparently my website sucks.  Anyone know of someone who can build a better one for me?  A website where I can maintain and update myself when I chose to?   Thanks everyone  For a site that you can maintain without much html knowledge, you can use a CMS program like Joomla.  Some people even use WordPress... and there are other CMS options. Joomla is nice because it is FREE, you just need to pay for web hosting. A lot of web hosts install Joomla (or other CMS programs) for you. You may want to hire someone to design the site, they can start with a template to cut down on some of the design costs. Another option - how much of the site do you want to maintain? That is, if you only need to be able to upload or change photos that is a lot different than being able to change every web page.  If you just want to manage your photo gallery that can be accomplished with a gallery script... you do not need to use Joomla (nor learn how to use Joomla). If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me. ~Rolandvwebworld4/22/2009 7:30 PM