Critque my website please...

ShutterBugTxShutterBugTx subscriber Posts: 2
edited April 2009 in Website Critique

Comments

• VideographyVideography subscriber Posts: 401 Silver Level Member
    The animated GIF screams AMATEUR - get rid of it now!
    The text is too small, and italics is difficult enough to read already.  Not all browsers display things the way yours may so use a standard font that all browsers can display.
    Personally I hate all-centered text.  It looks like a menu in a classy restaurant.  And the text doesn`t flow well.  Speaking of text, you misspelled "portrait" at least once.
  • ShutterBugTxShutterBugTx subscriber Posts: 2
    Ok apparently my website sucks.  Anyone know of someone who can build a better one for me?  A website where I can maintain and update myself when I chose to? 

Thanks everyone
  • vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40

Ok apparently my website sucks.  Anyone know of someone who can build a better one for me?  A website where I can maintain and update myself when I chose to?   Thanks everyone  For a site that you can maintain without much html knowledge, you can use a CMS program like Joomla.  Some people even use WordPress... and there are other CMS options. Joomla is nice because it is FREE, you just need to pay for web hosting. A lot of web hosts install Joomla (or other CMS programs) for you. You may want to hire someone to design the site, they can start with a template to cut down on some of the design costs. Another option - how much of the site do you want to maintain? That is, if you only need to be able to upload or change photos that is a lot different than being able to change every web page.  If you just want to manage your photo gallery that can be accomplished with a gallery script... you do not need to use Joomla (nor learn how to use Joomla). If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me. ~Rolandvwebworld4/22/2009 7:30 PM