WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Ecommerce Question

scrappyscrappy subscriber Posts: 8
Does anyone know of an ecommerce software that can calculate freight by dimension AND weight?  My site developer originally told me their software was capable of doing this and after many months of going back and forth they said they fixed it.  They were wrong... They are now telling me their store does not have that capability.  So basically they want me to pay $45 a month for hosting a site that`s basically a `blog`...  I`m looking to `transfer` if that`s the correct term, my site, hosting, etc... to a different company that has this ability in their store.  How much $ could this end up costing?  
Thanks
Marcy 

Comments

• RichardBuggyRichardBuggy subscriber Posts: 4
    Hi Marcy,
    I had a quick look at http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions</A>).
    How much transfering your site costs you depends on how much you need to redo (i.e. customizing the store software, entering items again, etc). Potentially it could cost you as much as starting from scratch but you`ll probably save money because you already know what the site is going to look like and you have all of the graphics already done.
    Are you hosting your site with your current developers? If you aren`t then I would find another developer and talk to them before moving your site. They might be able to finish the work for less than it would cost to move. Ideally your new developer would have experience with osCommerce.
        Richard