WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Mountain High Bed and Breakfast Critique

scottb80scottb80 subscriber Posts: 1
edited July 2007 in Website Critique
Mountain HighThis is my business, a bed and breakfast in Julian, CA.  We`ve been in business for about a year and a half now.  The website was done by me, replacing a much cruder one done by the previous owners.  My goal of the site was to give potential guests a feel for the property and show off some of our amenities.  So far, our web page is what brings in the most guests, with a few coming from referrals and some modest print advertising.I look forward to your impressions and critiques.Scott BakerInnkeeperMountain High Bed & Breakfast & Observatory

Comments

• Options
    VideographyVideography subscriber Posts: 401 Silver Level Member
    Nice site.  About the only thing I would have liked to see is that instead of a slide show, I would liked to have a "photos" section where I could download and view larger (and more) images.Oh, I don`t like the popup.Steve Mann
  • Options
    VideographyVideography subscriber Posts: 401 Silver Level Member
    I don`t see why sites like this can`t borrow from the real estate
    agencies, offering a virtual tour? Is it technically expensive or
    difficult? I don`t know...but it seems the technology is all over the
    place.
    When I was shooting virtual tours about five years ago, the price my employer charged was $120 for five views.  It included the underpaid photographer and hosting of the tours for one year.
  • Options
    vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40
    There are several ways to accomplish a virtual tour...some more expensive than others.  It can be as simple as having a slideshow or images or as complex as a 360 degree view.  You might even consider a short video or even a flash/swish movie that can combine still images and text.

The file size of the slide show you have on the main page is very large (over 300K)!
    ~Rolandvwebworld2007-7-13 15:49:48