WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

SE Michigan SUN Community Meeting

124»

Comments

• Options
    stevesteve subscriber Posts: 14
    Steve -
    Do you have a rough headcount as to how many people have said they`d be there next Tuesday?
    I`m still trying to work out my schedule so I can be there.Based
    on responses in this thread I`m counting about 30 confirmed. I think
    Joel might be able to add to that count people who have confirmed via
    private message.

Don`t forget to bring business cards. Also, if you`re interested,
    bring a used business book that you can swap with someone else.

One other thought to pass on. The restaurant said a
    group this large will be on one check. So bring enough cash in small
    bills to pay for what you eat or drink. That way we don`t have to make
    change for a $100 bill.   Of course if someone drops $100,000 in your lap you`re buying (wait, that was another thread).

Steve2007-3-19 9:25:41
  • Options
    dschatzmandschatzman subscriber Posts: 0
    My partner & I will be there. 6pm Pasquale`s on Woodward
    Ken & Diana Schatzman, OwnersDesigned By You Jewelrywww.dbyjewelry.com</A>
  • Options
    VoIPVoIP subscriber Posts: 0
    Hello Start Up Nation,
    I am new to the organization and have noticed a networking event this evening at 6:00. Two of us will be attending.
    I will be coming from the Saint Clair area, what mile road is Pasquele`s near and is it north or south of that mile road?
    I look forward to meeting several of you this evening.
    John HoldburgPresidentVoIP of North America & PBX Technology
    johnh@voip-na.com</A>
    http://johnh.voip-na.com</A>
  • Options
    stevesteve subscriber Posts: 14
    I will be coming from the Saint Clair area, what mile road
    is Pasquele`s near and is it north or south of that mile
    road?It`s north of 13 Mile Road. Look forward to seeing you.
  • Options
    afarringtonafarrington subscriber Posts: 0
    Well, life got in the way and I`m not going to be able to make it tonight.  I was really looking forward to it too.  Hopefully the next meeting, I`ll be able to attend.  I wanted to give at least a little notice.  Sorry, Angel
  • Options
    BurneyBurney subscriber Posts: 0
    I am sorry but I got nailed with a deadline that knocks me out of attending tonight. I am looking forward to the next one.
  • Options
    creatopiapotterycreatopiapottery subscriber Posts: 0
    Count me in!  The studio closes at 6pm so I won`t be able to make it out to Royal Oak until about 7 or so.  Hopefully people will still be around networking
    Create a Great Day!
    Jessica Duke 
    Creatopia Paint-it-Yourself Pottery
    www.creatopiapottery.com</A>
  • Options
    RichRich administrator Posts: 582 Site Admin
    Thanks to all for getting together last night. it was great meeting you in person.a big thanks to Steve for organizing the get-together.i blogged about a related subject this morning that you may find interesting/want to comment on.http://www.startupnation.com/blog/entry ... TRY_ID=480richRich2007-3-21 9:10:31
  • Options
    MichiganDebMichiganDeb subscriber Posts: 0
    Oh yeah, and to the couple from Romulus that are opening a dog kennel....Romulus is not an empowerment zone or a renaissance zone....sorry!
    Taylor, River Rouge, and Wyandotte all have renaissance zones though that alleviate tax for business owners that invest there....might be worth checking into!
    From the Wayne County Website:
    "Wayne County also has a Renaissance Zone comprised of four sub-zones: two in River Rouge; one in Taylor; and one in Wyandotte. The Wyandotte sub-zone has resulted in approximately $300 million in development. The communities of Taylor and River Rouge are continuing to market their sub-zones."
    Someone help me with their tips on remembering names! I am so bad at it - I have the worst name retention of anyone that I know!