WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

SE Michigan SUN Community Meeting

Comments

• CutlassCutlass subscriber Posts: 0
    Count me in for the 20th.

Tim Byrne
  • SawdustSawdust subscriber Posts: 0
    The idea sounds interesting, but without time and location it`s difficult to commit.
  • rentalbugrentalbug subscriber Posts: 0
    I think it`s a great idea.  Unfortunately, I`m not able to come.  A monthly gathering would be great so you always know there is an event coming up and you can plan for it.
  • sailorapparelsailorapparel subscriber Posts: 0
    Hello,
    I would be willing to attend.  It sounds like a good idea to me. 
    Michael ClowTheYachtsman.Com

• stevesteve subscriber Posts: 14
    OK. We`ve settled on Pasquale`s on Woodward. Tuesday March 20th starting at 6pm.

If you can`t make it till 7 or 8 come anyway. We`ll still be
    there. They close at 11 so that would be too late. We`ll post
    directions to Joel`s house for those who can`t make it before 11. Jus
    kiddin dude.

We need a prize for the person who comes the farthest. So far I`ve hear
    Kazoo and one person from Cinci actually considering making the trip.
    Let`s put it this way... I`ve traveled farther for less value.

I just had a great idea. How about everyone bring a business book that
    has value but that you wouldn`t mind recycling. (Don`t everyone show up
    with a copy of Startup Nation - Open for Business .
    Just kidding, Rich. I wouldn`t trade mine for a million dollars.) What
    do you think? Might be fun and you never know what you might learn.

Steve2007-3-15 11:38:55
  • afarringtonafarrington subscriber Posts: 0
    As long as I don`t have any pet emergencies that day I have it on my schedule to leave at 7:30 so I`ll be there by 8.  Unfortunately, I can`t come any earlier than that. Another idea, I`m sure everyone`s thought of it, bring business cards to trade.  In my industry (pet care and training) I always have clients asking if I know of a good _______ .  There are also business services that I could use personally and it would be nice to know of more people in the area.  I hate opening the phone book and guessing who will take care of what I need.  We moved here from kentucky two years ago, and although I know my way around I don`t know business people like I did before the move.  I look forward to meeting everyone, and if anyone wants to be able to recognize me, I`ll be the one with the service dog in the blue vest with the smile on his face.  AngelI`m so excited about this.  I think it will be a fantastic experience. 
  • FRANKFRYSTAKFRANKFRYSTAK subscriber Posts: 1
     Count me In. This is a great networking opportunity for all. Hopefully everyone will bring tons of business cards to exchange.
    I have helped  several memebers on preparing for Oprah  show screening this month. Oprah is working in concert with QVC , will select 10  new items /services to be presented on her show . I worked with QVC for 18+ years. Any one interest on having there service /product aired on Oprah , Drop me aline.
    Face To Face beats tapping the keys any day !!!!
    See you on Tuesday,
    Frank Frystak
    Frystak Associates- New Business Expansionists
    fffrystk@ameritech.net</A>  Tel 248-788-2170

• RichRich administrator Posts: 582 Site Admin
    steve,would you allow people to send you a private message if they want your cell phone to contact you that evening in case they want to check to see if you/we are still there. just a thought! also, can you get a good number of commitments and notify pasquale`s ahead of time?rich
  • BurneyBurney subscriber Posts: 0
    Sure no problem. I will be there.
    steve,would you allow people to send you a
    private message if they want your cell phone to contact you that
    evening in case they want to check to see if you/we are still there.
    just a thought! also, can you get a good number of commitments and
    notify pasquale`s ahead of time?richI gave Pasquale`s an estimate of how many to expect and will update them as we learn more.

If anyone wants my cell number do PM me.
  • MichiganDebMichiganDeb subscriber Posts: 0
    Sounds good.....I think the business book is a good idea, too...hope to see you all then next Tuesday!
    We`re meeting at Pasquale`s on Woodward. Tuesday March 20th starting at 6pm.

See page five of this thread
    for my idea about bringing a business book to swap with someone. Bring
    lots of business cards and I`ll bring a case of the best tasting gluten
    free cookies available in America today (at least that`s what I`ve been
    told).
  • TheBackupManTheBackupMan subscriber Posts: 0
    Steve -
    Do you have a rough headcount as to how many people have said they`d be there next Tuesday?
    I`m still trying to work out my schedule so I can be there.
  • 2putt2putt subscriber Posts: 0
    I am new to all of this, but on this short of notice Border`s Books sounds a lot more feasible than cavorting to Lost Vegas for the day.Border`s I could make. Let me know where and when.Thanks for the invite2putt
  • officefurnitureguyofficefurnitureguy subscriber Posts: 0
     Steve,
     Sorry for the delay (quite busy of late)...I would love to attend the event tomorrow if it`s still happening?