WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Me-2-B.com think Ebay for Hired Services

SamGoodmanSamGoodman subscriber Posts: 3
edited January 2009 in Website Critique
Thank you for taking an interest in www.Me-2-B.com
The premise of the site is simple, people should be recognized and rewarded based on their ability to Get Stuff Done. 
It takes seconds to join, members can be both buyers and service providers and while it is free, you have to earn your reputation.
Service Providers describe themselves using tags and Buyers find them using the same tags.  We provide a portfolio to display your talent and a simple project management page. Every project you complete gives you an opportunity to earn your reputation.
We envision a day when talented people can spend their time doing what they love and not have to worry about marketing and sales.  Their earned reputation will take care of that for them. We are creating a meritocracy. So the better you do for your customer, the better you do for yourself.
Only verified customers can provide a rating which means only transactions that go through Me-2-B, enable you to earn the reputation.
Don`t worry, we currently do not charge a project percentage and if we do, it won`t be more than 2% and if the transaction is with someone you brought to the community, you never pay project fees.  We do however charge a $1 transaction fee. (yes, a whole dollar.)
Please take a look and let me how we can make it simpler and easier to use.
be good
be safe
Sam Goodman
Me-2-B.com
People you can count on

SamGoodman1/6/2009 3:25 AM

Comments

• JmesJmes subscriber Posts: 4
    For one thing the Learn More button really doesn`t stand out. From outside it looks like a simple social network with nothing sophisticated inside, nothing to invite the user to register. I`d focus on getting people to know what your site offers in a short way (without having to read too much) and get them to register.
    The first question in your FAQ is "is it free". You should also mention that the registration itself is free otherwise people would be reluctant to even register
    Wish you the best of luck
    Jmes
  • SamGoodmanSamGoodman subscriber Posts: 3
    Jmes and James-  thanks for the feedback.
    We can tweak those fairly easily.
    Angie`s list does provide feedback, but we are looking to create a business platform similar to Ebay, elance, and Guru but with the ability of members to sell up stream and buy downstream.

We believe successful business is about building and nurturing relationships. It has to more than just transactions.
    I hope you get a chance to see some of the tours.
    Cheers
    Sam