WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Door-to-door CAR WASH

PiratePirate subscriber Posts: 3
edited July 2007 in Business Planning
Hello,
How viable is a door-to-door car wash business?
If I knock at your home and say that "I can do a car wash for you for $20" would any of you willing to pay?
This wash would include:
1. Exterior wash with soap
2. Interioir vaccum
3. Interior Shampooing
4. Interior dashboard/vinyl polishing
5. Tire and rim cleaniing
NOTE: All this service will be done while the cutomer is in the comfort of their home. And the vehicle will be washed on their driveway. I will have to take access to their garden hose.
Please give your honest advice on the viability of this business.
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    patentandtrademarkpatentandtrademark subscriber Posts: 103
    I personally don`t ever do business with anybody that walks up to my door - except maybe boy scouts and girl scouts.
  • Options
    robertjrobertj subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    pirate,
    Convenience has a strong appeal to many "busy" people.
    I had a client some time back who operated a "mobile" mechanic business. He cam to your house/ work place to fix your car. It got a lot of interest - but was hard to build a following. With travel and down time between jobs - he wasn`t generating the income per hour like a garage can do.
    You might want to "run some numbers" to see if the business can make money or how much you will have to charge.

• Options
    robertjrobertj subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    Craig,
    The parts issue was a factor because he could only work on one car at a time.
    However, the ability to get a "full" schedule and minimize travel time between each stop are the ones I wanted to mention to pirate, because they can make a big impact on the revenue generating potential.
    Robert j