WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Thoughts and opinions on my new startup

acruxadsacruxads subscriber Posts: 2
I have a new startup ready to launch called AcruxAds. We are a self-service advertising company. I`m hoping to get thoughtful insights on our business idea and service. My website is http://www.acruxads.com
Here`s a list of items I`m looking for help on.Looking for critiques on website designLooking for critiques on website presentationThoughts on Business IdeaIdeas where I can market my service?
Also I`m curious what the SUN community thinks on; How many potential customers could use our service? I think our customers will be websites that target a local audience that can sell ad space to local businesses.
I know we have a few competitors out there but from being a local business owner I think we offer a good value to customers. Let me know your thoughts and they are much appreciated!

Comments

• acruxadsacruxads subscriber Posts: 2
    Okay to get things started:I am trying to improve graphics - specifically demonstration page.Also want to add a graphic on the apply page that states it`s free to apply with no obligations.
    Also, once a few customers are signed up and operating I would like to put a link that directs potential customers to see a few existing customers service and see how it works from a first-hand perspective.
    Thanks for the reply.

I agree our site needs to be more clear. My intentions are not to compete with Openx, adbrite, etc. They offer a great program and it would be really hard to compete.

An example of who I plan on targeting would be a local promotions company. Someone that offers information about local entertainment, restaurants, bars, etc. That way someone that owns a bar in the area could easily go on to their site and place an ad. After stating that does that at all change your perspective of our service? Also, I made this site a year ago to test out our original ad creator, you can see how our service works with the site www.miosta.com

I do like your suggestion on allowing site owners to approve ads. I`m trying to get a few customers then I`ll probably begin programming that feature.

I appreciate your suggestions and will start working on making the site more clear for our visitors.

HostClick:
    Okay we changed the front page to Text and got rid of a lot of images. We are still working on the Demo page and a few others. If you go back to it could you let me know if our homepage is more clear about our service this time?
    Thanks