We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Home Business Insurance and License

RyanGromfinRyanGromfin subscriber Posts: 4
edited September 2011 in Business Planning
I am looking to open a restaurant in a year or so.  I am currently a private chef.  I operate out of my house and do not have a business license, insurance, any of that stuff, (shoot me), Henry Ford had a lot less to deal with when he started.  I am looking to sell some products related to my resturant at a local Farmers Market.  They will not be perishavble, or require cooking on site.  Spices, Beef Jerky, Gourmet Food Mixes, things of that sort.  For the Farmers Market I need Insurance, Resale certificate, business liscence etc... I know it is illegal to cook food in my house and sell it to the public.  I am willing to take that risk.  My question is, risk aside, will I be able to get all of the above at my home address, I think I will tell the insurance I am a distributor of gourmet food, not a manufacturer.  RyanGromfin2007-10-8 22:57:25


Sign In or Register to comment.