WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Email Marketing

samiasamia subscriber Posts: 2
edited October 2007 in Marketing
Hi Gurus,
I seeking your advice, ideas and the like. Is it apropriate to send out a mailer (direct email) to prospects? The question is, just like you could have a direct mail campaign and you send out a mailer to say maybe new movers etc. Can I do the same but this time using email? I`ve been harvesting some emails and I thought email would have a highest read rate.
Can you send this with any web email or it will only work with outlook etc.
Thanks in advance,
Samiasamia2007-10-8 7:57:9

Comments

• Options
    DGoodinDGoodin subscriber Posts: 6
    Is it spam or not? That`s the question likey to be asked, and the answers will be as varied as the folks that offer them.
    I tend too think that if you follow the Can-Spam legislation, and make sure you`re compliant, that it`s a valid way of prospecting.
    Here`s a link to the highlights of the Can-Spam act...  http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/bus ... nspam.shtm</A>
    Another thing to check into is the amount of outgoing mail your ISP allows before they begin to think you`re not being compliant.
    Always make sure you give the person or company receiving the email a way to opt out of getting anything further if they decide they don`t want email from you.
    I`d suggest you do some reading of your own on the subject. There are several threads here on SUN that talk about email marketing. Enter those two words in the search bar at the top of the page and see what comes up.
    Just remember, email marketing should be just one facet of your marketing approach. SEO is important to marketing if you have a web site, as is direct mailing, networking, and other forms of advertising.