WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

New golf instruction site

vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40
edited July 2008 in Website Critique
We are about to launch (well, is open now) a new golf instruction website - SwingMentors.com.

The site is made up of a Joomla based main site with information about the golf professionals that provide help for your golf swing, golf fitness, and the mental side of the game.... plus an ecommerce application to handle the sales of the videos.

At this time we have some video golf lessons and golf tips available.  One unique approach is that we added a short video in the description of each video lesson and tip.
An example - putting lesson

Let us know what you think.... we know the wording on the home page needs some attention.

~Roland

Comments

• Options
    VideographyVideography subscriber Posts: 401 Silver Level Member
    Overall, I like the site.  It is a `bit cluttered with what looks like ads on bothe the left and right frames, leavinv little real estate for the pitch.The videos.  (You knew I would be commenting on this, didn`t you?)Overall, I would give the video production a grade of "B".  The audio a "C".  The videos were overexposed for compression to Flash (I`ll bet a hamburger that it was post-processed on a Mac!), and the on-screen talent was wearing stripes.  (This makes the compressor work harder and compromises the overall image quality).  The audio was likely done with an on-camera microphone.   Very hollow sounding.Since I know nothing about golf (something about hitting little balls with clubs), I can`t really comment on the content.  Except to say that I think I learned something in the demo videos.
  • Options
    vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40
    Thanks Steve.  The audio is a challenge because the instructor does not have a microphone.

~Roland