WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

APO friendly banks?

russbrussb subscriber Posts: 3
edited January 2017 in Veterans
Hey guys!
I am wondering if anyone with military experience had some tips for getting a business banking account while overseas at an APO address. I am finding that many banks do not offer business options for us entrepreneurs still tied to good `ol Uncle Sam.
I considered getting a PO box in the state I am registered in, but I`m not sure how feasible that would be. Any help would be great. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    rajinenterprisesrajinenterprises subscriber Posts: 3
    Have you checked out USAA? They provide insurance as well as bank accounts. They basically for the military and should be easy to get a business account. Also, most bases overseas have Credit Unions that you should be able to utilize for that. Good Luck!

jamie
  • Options
    russbrussb subscriber Posts: 3
    Yeah, we use them for our personal bank accounts, but they don`t offer business solutions. Bummer. Thanks though!
  • Options
    ePhaseNetworksePhaseNetworks subscriber Posts: 1
    I would have suggested USAA as well but as you stated they don`t do business accounts. I would look into the larger banks like BofA or Chase  
  • Options
    WebJunkyWebJunky subscriber Posts: 8 Member
    getting a PO box is not tough so consider that done. in terms of banking, i am not aware of any "special" provisions a business account needs compared to a personal.  what features are you particularly looking for? with the PNC takeover of midwest based national city (now the 5th largest bank) i use them for business banking. the only disadvantage i have is i cant electronically xfer funds to and from my business and personal accounts since my biz accts are under a business EIN. 

before you approach the bank, go online and get yourself a EIN.  to get your EIN you will need your corporate incorporation documents. it has a number on it which is required to fill the EIN application.  once you have both tasks done, getting an account at any bank, no matter where you are shouldn`t be a problem?
  • Options
    ankit007ankit007 subscriber Posts: 238 Silver Level Member
    I am thinking about whether anybody with military experience had a few tips for getting a business managing an account while abroad at an APO.ank's dedication to the military is a piece of our identity. We're here to assistance from the day you enter military administration into retirement.