WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Business mentor or advive

GlasStarGlasStar subscriber Posts: 1
edited December 2007 in Business Planning
Hi  I am looking for advice to expand my business.   Is their a way to expand like a franchise without the expense and legal structure.

Comments

• Options
    robertjrobertj subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    If you mean geographic expansion, there are several ways to proceed. Each approach has "plusses" and "minuses".

• Options
    sagetroutsagetrout subscriber Posts: 1
    There are other methods for expansion short of franchising.   Licensing agreements and distributor agreements are two of them.  As Robert alluded, they have their plusses and minuses.   Most companies seriously considering franchising aren`t aware of the signficant expenses involved in franchising and that is why you take a close look at that before taking the plunge.  
  • Options
    GlasStarGlasStar subscriber Posts: 1
    Thank you for your response, can you tell me were I can find info on other methods.
  • Options
    sagetroutsagetrout subscriber Posts: 1
    There is no specific location where I can send you outside of a Google search for general information.   I recommend you contact Robert above and see if he can help you.   What you`re seeking to know involves legal and other issues and at some point you`re going to have to seek experienced professional help.