WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Product Information

roxie1roxie1 subscriber Posts: 1
edited January 2009 in New Member Welcome
   Hello,

I am trying to start up a business that has to do with hosiery. While contacting manufacters to make my product (overseas) they asked me what thread count I needed as well as what kind of needles I wanted my hosiery made with. I am not familar with this aspect of design. I want to put out a quality product and want to know if anyone can offer me any suggestions on what makes a quality pair of stocking and tights. I also want to know if going overseas which is alot cheaper is the best way to go. Thanks for any suggestions.

Comments

• Options
    WeblineWebline subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member
    Not sure about the technicals .... just thinking, though,  that businesses in the US could probably use the work, if it`s possible to do it here.
  • Options
     It is too expensive to do it here, and with me starting this by myself, I have to do it the best way to save money, and get it going. There are alot of BIG business that also have their products made overseas. If you have a suggestion on a reasonable textile plant in the United States, then let me know.
  • Options
    Thanks for your advice. I you know of any hosiery mills in the US  that would be willing to work with me please let me know. I am looking for information to get started, and am open to any suggestions. I understand what your saying about made in america, but I haven`t been able to find a hosiery mill here. I read Sara Blakey`s bio about when she got started with SPANX and how she had a hard time getting a hosiery mill to work with her. She finally found one in North Carolina. I researched mills and emailed alot of them and haven`t gotten a response. I appreciate your reply to my post, and if you have think of anything else, please let me know. Thanks again.