WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Is there a market for far too cheap websites?

AlexgimmiAlexgimmi subscriber Posts: 1
edited April 2008 in Marketing
Every time I quote a website people argue about the price (as if it`s a 2 minute job!) So my question is, would there be a market for the £50 website? I would make it from templates already produced, change the colours to suit, copy and paste the content into the site, and send the files back to the client. They could then sort out their own hosting package or I could for an extra fee, and everyone is happy. 
Do you think there is a market for basic sites like this? If so I am starting!Cheers Alex. 

Comments

• DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141
    Alex, there are a million free or cheap website services all over the internet. They`re all over the place. All you have to do is look.

Dale King
  • AlexgimmiAlexgimmi subscriber Posts: 1
    Yeah but they are no good, or look like a mess.
    I would like to think a business either wants to spend £600 on a nice looking professional website thats a one-off custom design. Or they don`t care what it looks like and use free services which look messy and full of adverts etcI am wondering if people want a professional site at almost free? Produced from templates and it wouldn`t be a custom design.Alex.
  • KevDevKevDev subscriber Posts: 5 Member
    Alex, you might also want to consider what services you want to provide, what value you offer, and your target market.
    There is money to be made at all price scales, but those dealing on the low end often find their customers more demanding, less grateful, and harder to please. Charging more often gets you customers who are easier to work with and actually appreciate your efforts!
    Good luck!
  • DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141
    There is money to be made at all price scales, but those dealing on the low end often find their customers more demanding, less grateful, and harder to please. Charging more often gets you customers who are easier to work with and actually appreciate your efforts!

I couldn`t agree more, Kevin. My service fees are on the higher end, and I have far fewer headaches.

Dale King
    DKing4/3/2008 3:25 PM