WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Mr. Rogers Earns $20 Million in 6 Minutes!

rookapsrookaps subscriber Posts: 10
edited August 2007 in Sales
I am actually borrowing this pretty much verbatim from a web marketing forum I belong to-- but had to share... this is great stuff!:
Background:  1969, the Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB) was in danger of getting their funding cut in half by Nixon because of war costs.So the CPB calls in Mr. Rogers (yes THE Mr. Rogers) to testify before the Senate.Amazingly, as he starts talking you feel the same way I do:  What alien from the NeverNeverLand Nursery just landed here?As you listen you realize, this guy is for real. Disarmingly real.He delivers an emotional 6-minute pitch. Watch the effect he has on John O. Pastore, notoriously gruff and impatient.You never see marketing messages quite like this one, but boy, did it work."http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a41lJIhW7fA</A>rookaps2007-8-25 13:54:3