WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Image right

rsentprsentp subscriber Posts: 2
edited March 2007 in Business Planning
Hi,
Is there any legal concern to use the images found in Google for company`s marketing collateral, such as flyer or brochure?
Thanks for your help in advance
R

Comments

• Options
    vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40
    Yes,  images you find on the web with a Google "image" search are NOT necessarily free for you to use. You should assume they are NOT free and are the property of the website from which they came.
    If you want to use an image, email (or contact) the website and ask.  Tell the person what you want to use it for and give then credit for the image.
    There are of course a lot of sources of royalty free images. In addition to taking my own digital photos I also subscribe to clipart.com.  They have an abundence of great images (photos and clip art).
    ~Roland
     vwebworld2007-3-12 0:33:58
  • Options
    NuevolutionNuevolution subscriber Posts: 30 Bronze Level Member
    rsentp,Have you tried www.photodisc.com? these are all royalty free pictures that you can use on your printed media. There is also, fotolia, dreamstimes, and bigstock photos, these are all web sites where you can find marketing images for your flyers, brochures, and so forth.. Not to mention it costs 1 US Dollar to purchase a download (2500x2500) 300 dpi. I use these websites for my customers web sites... You should try using them instead of using images that are on the google search engine.