WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Okay, Momprenuers, tell me how you do it

13»

Comments

• AskVikiAskViki subscriber Posts: 0
    I too get over-whelmed...especially this time of year! 
    I`ve two boys (5 & 6), Hubby is an over-the-road-truck driver and only gets home once or twice a month.

Our garden is ready for harvesting (what`s left of it anyway; the wind storm last week `took out ` 5 sections of privacy fence and 5 rows of vegetables), yards` a mess from the wind storm, school has started (for me and the boys).  My one client ran out of money (like I told him he would if he didn`t change the direction he was going) so now I have no clients, the local COC invited me to showcase my biz in their upcoming annual Biz Expo but it`s $600, trying to gather all the required info for a SBA Loan, numerous local events I`d love to be involved with to meet people & get my services noticed!
    Sometimes I think someone has taken some of my 24 hours!  I actually felt guilty for sitting on the couch yesterday with Hubby & the boys to watch a movie...I was thinking I should be staining the new kitchen cabinets or canning the tomatoes that are ready, or uploading my law homework, or that the washer could be going while we sat there! Instead, I sat there!  It was very nice `cept for the slighty guilty feeling...
    So, today, while the boys are at school...I`ll do my homework while the washer`s going (my neighbor helped me canned the tomatoes last night after Hubby left & boys went to bed), and the new kitchen cabinets are probably going to get painted instead of stained!
    This is how I decide what to do when I get over-whelmed; make a list of everything you want to do, then number them in the order you think is more important or has to be done and voila...you`re back on track!
    Viki Garrison
    www.askviki.com
  • URVAURVA subscriber Posts: 1
    Robin,
    Sounds like you need a Personal/Virtual Assistant/Virtual Bookkeeper, etc.  Running your own business can be very stressful, time consuming, etc.  But just as Mary pointed out, I cannot see myself working anywhere else.  I don`t have children - but take care of elderly grandparents and a sick kitty (scary though on aging - we become more like children) and husband, etc.  But, with having my own business, I can work when everyone else is sleeping (grandparents nap alot ).  That is when I find my peace of mind because I love doing what I do.

By the way, I am a virtual assistant.  If you are interested, I would love to offer you a free consultation to see if we could build a lasting working relationship.  Here is my site www.qbs4u.com .  Take a look, if you are interested send me a reply from the "Contact Us" page.  I will gladly make the time to discuss with you how we can work together.

Your Friend and VA,
    Tricia Kos, Owner
    Quality Business Solustions, LLC
    Your Virtual Assistant Destination.
  • davincivirtualdavincivirtual subscriber Posts: 1 Member
    It is a real challenge to be a Mompreneur...I have two kids...and two businesses...but I agree, the key is to delegate. Whether that is to family members or to contractors, find ways to eliminate the stuff that isn`t essential for you to do so that you can focus on the core of building your biz.
    Recently, my family came to the conclusion that I was not to cook dinner for the next couple of weeks until I got a handle on my two new accounts! Talk about supportive...Best of luck!
  • davincivirtualdavincivirtual subscriber Posts: 1 Member
    It is a real challenge to be a Mompreneur...I have two kids...and two businesses...but I agree, the key is to delegate. Whether that is to family members or to contractors, find ways to eliminate the stuff that isn`t essential for you to do so that you can focus on the core of building your biz.
    Recently, my family came to the conclusion that I was not to cook dinner for the next couple of weeks until I got a handle on my two new accounts! Talk about supportive...Best of luck!