WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

(Untitled)

2»

Comments

• exsellexsell subscriber Posts: 1
    Copperman,
    I totally agree with you. The impact in video email is well worth the effort for the returns in investment. It is easily achieved using a webcam and a little knowledge on file formats.  Do you think the best way is to put the video on a page in your website and provide a link with a strong message to click to the page instead of delivery within your email?
    No doubt we shall see much more of this medium in our mailboxes in the future. The great benefit is that you can relay your appearance and personality in your message and build on your image and presentation skills, just like in a first call. Prospects more readily identfy with you and the reception in heightened by the `personal touch`. Your message is more powerful and defined. The great thing is, your presenation delivery and message are exactly the same everytime it is played and you could sit in someones intray for a while and get repeat performances.
    What do you think are the best techniques for reaching prospects by new technology without using SPAM or any intrusive or disruptive methods? There must be other ways we can effectively get our message in front of our target audience cold calling on the web?

Bob
  • CoppermanCopperman subscriber Posts: 2
    Bob,
    You`ve hit the nail on the head.
    With the newer products on the market, you don`t have to worry about file formats. For example our provider automatically transcodes (all inclusive in your package) to any format you want. When the recipient access your message, it knows to send the right format. There is also full tracking....so you know when it was opened, by whom, and how many times.
    What I have found useful are new tools like podcasts, blogs/vlogs, RSS subscriptions (cold calling on the web).
    Beside videoemails and video on your website, blogs, etc. you can also broadcast live to your cold market. If it is of interest to your audience, they will find you through links to your contact page on your broadcast. Such broadcasts are also archived for future playback. This is particularly useful for new product launches and those wanting to educate a customer base
    Of course I still speak with people (which I enjoy) wherever I meet them, collect contact information and permission to contact them. You already mentioned CEO`s signing up for your newsletters, have you asked those that signed up to refer you to others of like mind (perhaps you could reward them for doing so). 
    Newer digital media technology can also be linked up to a global video base social and business networking. So you can really see who you are doing business with and thus avoid SPAM.
    So, with all these new tools out there, how do you know which one works for you and in your marketplace? Trial and analysis of your feedback data. The advantage with we have is that all the tools mentioned above and including multi-location video conferencing and collaboration tools are available in one package. We simply choose which works best for us. It saves having to go to multiple vendors for each component (blogs, live broadcast, videoemails) and having to move your content from one format to another. We opted for this systems that allows us to create our content and from one "studio" drag and drop into my website, my blog/vlog or email.
  • exsellexsell subscriber Posts: 1
    Copperman,

Sounds great, I will take a look and evaluate.

Thanks for your excellent post.

Bob