Hi from Maryland!

rrunnerrrunner Posts: 1subscriber
edited September 2007 in New Member Welcome
Hi there everyone!  I`m a newbie to both this site and starting my own business.  I am in the process of starting my own errand-running business named "RoadRunners"   So far I`ve read lots of books, made a simple business plan, ordered my business cards after spending 3 days trying to do my own and am in the process of getting a website going.  I am married to a husband that owns a landscaping comp. I have 2 boys ages 17 and 6.  Before getting pregnant with my second son I was a flight instructor for a small local airport near BWI.  I very much miss having a social life and want very much to be Financially independent.   So that`s my exciting "about me" paragraph.... don`t really need a page! any/all advice is much appreciated here!  ~~Bye Bye~~

Comments

• stonesledgestonesledge Posts: 8subscriber
    Hi Rrunner!
    Welcome to Sun. My husband also owns a landscape design firm. I am not to far from you ...I live in Northern VA. Welcome to SUN! SUN has some great advice to help you get going: http://www.startupnation.com/pages/start/10Steps.asp</A>.
    Erin
  • GrillCharmerGrillCharmer Posts: 7subscriber
    Hello and Welcome rrunner!!  We are so glad to have you.  My husband flies commercially so it kinda runs in our blood over here too.  I`ve got 2 little ones (2 and 4) and am also trying to "live the dream".  Post your website when it`s done, I`d love to see it!  It`s very nice to "meet" you, see you round the board!!
  • rrunnerrrunner Posts: 1subscriber
    Hi!  thanks to everyone for the nice replies!  I need some advice on networking. Question,  since my husband owns the landscape business, do you think it is o.k. to add in a business card and maybe a personal note introducing myself and my  new business along with his invoices?  Or would that be a bit tacky?  I should have my business cards  in 2 days and need to get them out there (do I send brochures with the cards or simply flyers with the cards?  I would think I`d want to hand write something to make it as personal as I can.  I know when I receive something in the mail that is hand written I`m more apt to read it. Is it normal to feel like you have a thousand things going on in your head at once????? and none of them are actually getting accomplished?!  help!
  • shopgirlshopgirl Posts: 2subscriber
    Greetings from the Midwest!
    I am Shopgirl and I am changing directions entirely, going from a nurse (great career, but I don`t determine my own worth) to an entrepreneur (have wanted to be one for years). My vision (nearsighted) is a specialty retail store, selling high-end cookware, kitchenware, tableware, cooking accessories, etc. It is going to be AWESOME! I should have my biz plan ready for presentation by the end of October. BUT, since I am new to this, any and all advice is gratefully appreciated, and so far, I am thoroughly enjoying SUN.
  • GrillCharmerGrillCharmer Posts: 7subscriber
    Welcome to the board shopgirl!  Your store sounds AWESOME.  Just the place that would carry Grill Charms!    (sorry, I couldn`t help it)
    Please do keep us posted on your progress.  The store sounds exactly like the type of store that I spend a lot of time in.  I love all things food and cooking!
  • ChristinaChristina Posts: 6subscriber
    Hi and welcome shopgirl and rrunner