WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

I would appreciate a critique of my site

TonyTTonyT subscriber Posts: 1
edited November 2008 in Website Critique
I have designed a site, using Yahoo Small Business Tools, to attract people to visit the Philippines for medical treatment, combined with a vacation in this tropical, beautiful country, i.e medical tourism.http://philippinehealthtours.com/
After 8 months on the web it is not doing well.
Comments please on the design, keywords and SEO. Also any advice on marketing the site without a long e-mail list will be very welcome.

Comments

• WeblineWebline subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member
    What is your definition of "not doing so well"?
    Yahoo`s sitebuilder is not SEO friendly .... creates a lot of code that you could do without, so it isn`t great for SEO .... if you keep using it, then you need to do more for titles, descriptions, keyword rich content, h1/h2 tags .... the basics of onsite SEO.
    Visually, the site lacks .... theres is no tight layout ... it`s like it just sits there instead of doing anything, which is to interest the viewer .... images are fine but not cartoon images in a medical-related site .... that instantly loses credibility for you ....
    I`d say hire a designer or at least get a nice premade template to build on and forget the Yahoo builder .... work on your content ....read up on basic SEO and implement it.
  • TonyTTonyT subscriber Posts: 1
    Your comments made me revisit my site and I started to understand your points. I must work on devising ways to improve it, maybe with outside help.
    Thank you
  • TonyTTonyT subscriber Posts: 1
    Thank you for those comments. I now wish I had not used the Yahoo tools. As well as SEO problems they make adding html codes difficult also.
    Clearly I need to find a local web host and designer. First I have to decide whether a recession is likely to put an end to people`s interest in medical tourism until the good times return.