WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Finding someone to warehouse and ship my product

LipstickmogulLipstickmogul subscriber Posts: 6
Does anyone have contacts or information on the "fulfillment" process?  We are bringing our product from our manufacturer in China and do not want to invest in warehousing, shipping, etc., but want to "hire" a company that does this for clients. Any contacts? What should I expect to pay? How is this payment calculated? What is a good and competitive rate?

Comments

• LipstickmogulLipstickmogul subscriber Posts: 6
    Exactly what I am looking for Dan.  We have two companies interested, one that is affiated with my manufacturer and another who is a friend, used to own this type of business but his daughter does now.  I am interested in getting an idea about how this is all priced, a percentage of sales that come through the fulfillment operation, etc...how do they charge the client in your business?

My reason for going this route is because I do not want to invest in warehousing, employees, shipping, and all the software that goes along with it. I believe using a fulfillment partner is going to be less expensive for us.

Thanks again, and let me know what you would need for a quote.
    Robin
  • DannyboyDannyboy subscriber Posts: 0
    Robin,

I look forward to hearing about your two projects in more detail.  In fulfillment, pricing is typically based on multiple variables, which include; # of sku`s, shipping volume, kitting requirements, methods of receiving orders, etc....  I will be happy to walk you through the process.  You will receive a private email outlining the process.

Dan CollRapid Fulfillment, Inc.461 Cochran Road, Suite 300Pittsburgh, PA 15228412-388-1800  x100412-287-9342  Cell412-388-1812  Faxwww.rapidfulfillmnent.com</A>