WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

NDA and no compete

britterbritter subscriber Posts: 6
edited July 2008 in Business Planning
Hello everyone.  I hope all is well.
I am about to deal with a producer of my business` product line and first want to have them sign an NDA so they cannot share the specific information with anyone else.  When I contract with them to produce the product line is their a specific clause to state that they are not allowed to produce, share, or sell the product to anyone else?
Thank you and all the best, I look forwards to the replies.

Comments

• DeenaEsqDeenaEsq subscriber Posts: 0
    Well, yes.  In an NDA, there should be language that states that in order to protect your rights.  It also should state that you are reserving ALL rights including, but not limited to, the right to make derivative works, reproduction, etc.  You should probably either hire a lawyer to write the language or, assuming that you don`t have the funds for that, make sure that you look at a bunch of NDAs to find the language that works for you... 

Let me know if you have other questions.

Deena

Any opinions are offered without knowledge of the specific law of your jurisdiction and with only the limited information provided in your post.  No advice given here should be reasonably relied upon by you or any third party without consulting an attorney who is aware of all of the facts and law surrounding your situation.  Any advice given here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship in any way.

• britterbritter subscriber Posts: 6
    Thank you very much for both of your replies today Deena.  You have been a great help so far.
  • DeenaEsqDeenaEsq subscriber Posts: 0
    No problem.  Let me know if you have other questions.

Deena